If you are fresh out of college and are raring to get into the exciting world of business, there are many opportunities; new sectors that offer a great chance to get in at the ground level and grow with the industry. Some might say it is better to gain some work experience before setting out on your own, but others would shake their head and tell you the sooner you start your own venture, the better.
Here are a few ideas for a first-time start up.
- Create a blogging website – If you’re wondering how you can make money from blogging, SEO agencies pay good rates to post their articles on rated blogging platforms. Create lots of categories and send an introduction email to many SEO agencies, offering your platform to host their blog content; you will need to create a good DA (Domain Authority) score for your site if you want to attract content providers. The higher your readership, the more attractive you are to the SEO agencies and there’s no limit to the number of blogs you can host.
- Supplying health products to the retail sector – You could make a deal with the manufacturer to supply fresh fruit juice powder for hotels, which contains all the nutrients of freshly squeezed fruit juice. The leading Thai manufacturer of powdered fruit drinks would be happy to help you create your own client base and would likely give you exclusive rights in a specific radius. Retail food outlets are always looking for ways to cut costs and with powdered fruit juice, there’s no preparation; simply add cold water and mix and you have fresh fruit juice with all the vitamins and goodness that nature intended.
- Become a YouTuber – Why not? Every man and his dog seem to have their own YouTube channel; the secret obviously lies in your content. If you have a vivacious personality, experiment with a few formats; you could superimpose your face onto any background, or you could create short videos exploring the canals in Bangkok. The more views you get, the better and YouTube (owned by Google) has a system and you can monetise your channel. Once you hit 1 million subscribers, you are in the big league and sponsors will come knocking on your door.
- Set up a digital services website – If you’re IT savvy, why not create a website that offers many digital services? You could transfer VHS to DVD and sell IT hardware, indeed, make your platform everything IT related and there are many ways that you can turn a profit. Do some research to find out what IT services people are looking for and make this the basis for your platform. Here’s more information on the obstacles in starting up a tech business.
- Garden maintenance – If you love gardening, why not offer a complete garden maintenance service? Invest in essential tools and a van, then you can offer to tend gardens on a weekly basis, for a fixed fee. As a start up, you can afford to undercut your rivals and as time passes and your customer base is secure, you can raise your prices to be in line with the market.
Here is some useful information for those who are looking to set up a business in Thailand, which has a huge tourism sector.