Project management is considered one of the crucial reasons to get a project to succeed. Some time ago, company leaders wondered if they really needed project management. On paper, it looks like an unnecessary overhead tax as project managers don’t deliver anything in the real scenario and often get in the way of what they want the team to do. But it is the fact that projects without good project management are a false economy.
Project management is important as it ensures what is being delivered, what is right, and what can deliver real-time value against the business opportunity. It also ensures that the goals of the projects closely align with the strategic goals of the business. Good project management brings leadership and direction to projects to achieve project goals in budget and time. Without project management, a team is supposed to be like a ship without a rudder, moving but without control, direction, and purpose.
Project managers provide clear focus and objectives to the whole team and ensure a proper plan for executing strategic goals. Good project management focuses on realistic project planning to provide the best delivery in the allotted time and budget. So it is clear that project management is very important for any kind of organization in this competitive market. Therefore, many websites are providing project management certification and training to prepare skilled and well-qualified project managers.
This article is going to discuss some of the career benefits of PMP certification that can be very useful for those who want to land their career in the project management field.
What is Project Management?
Project management is generally known as a discipline of applying specific principle and processes to initiate, plan, execute and manage projects within an organization. Good project management has four basic components: Time (the allotted duration of the project work), Cost (the fixed and allocated budget for the work), Scope (the project will deliver new changes or innovations), and Quality (the quality standard of the outcome of the project). These components are very important for any successful project management as increasing or decreasing any one of these components can affect the other component, teams, and projects.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) offers PMP certification all over the world and has trained almost three million project management professionals worldwide. PMP is a globally recognized professional certification. It provides the perfect platform for project managers to showcase their skills. It also provides educational resources and career training for these professionals. It can also maintain research programs to advance scientific and practical abilities within the industry.
Let us discuss some of the career benefits of PMP certifications.
Advantages of PMP Certification
Certified and skilled project managers are the soul of any project, they can handle more than three fourth of the high-performing projects, a PwC report stated this interesting fact recently. It is also witnessed that organizations with more than 33% PMP certified managers achieve much better project success than companies that do not. Anyone who wants to make a career in project management can pursue PMP certification as it is one of the fifth highest-paying certifications in the IT landscape.
- It increases your Market value- Earning a PMP certification can increase your market value as it adds in-demand skills to your resume. It is the most valuable certification program, and almost all the interviewers prioritize candidates with PMP certification over those who do not have such certification. In present market situations, project management jobs are high in demand and so many candidates are applying for these jobs. This is where a PMP certification can be beneficial as it is one of the most objective ways in which one can shortlist the candidates. So a candidate with this certification can stay ahead of the competitors.
- You can Master Important Skills- PMP certification is a primary source to learn and master many crucial project management skills that can help you stand out from the crowd. You need to refer to the PMBOK guide for the PMP certification, which can teach you important skills to excel in your career and make your resume more attractive to companies. This high-standard certification includes learning many hard and soft skills. It can help you increase your understanding of basic project management processes, techniques, tools, and methodologies. It also enables you to learn new techniques and tricks in project activities in order to expose you to current trends and best practices in the project management field.
- High Salary- ThePMP certification can improve your position for job opportunities and lead to an attractive salary. In fact, the average salary of certified project managers is considerably higher and it is the biggest draw of this certification. A new report by PMI states that an average salary of a project manager with certification is $108,000, and non-certified project managers earn an average salary of $ 91,000 only. On the other hand, a report says that certified professionals can earn almost 20% more than non-certified professionals, which makes a big difference. So PMP certification leads to a higher and attractive salary package.
- Industry Recognition- ThePMP certification is one of the most popular, sought-after, and universally recognized certifications. Professionals with this certification can work with any industry and in any location. Several companies recognize that certified project managers are better at completing the project work on time and within the budget given.
- Networking Opportunities- PMP certification is not only beneficial for your career graph but also useful for your personal development. It provides you with wide and firm networking opportunities as PMI has around a million active PMP certification holders across the world, and you can also become a part of that club. This club conducts networking sessions that can get you to know about new job roles and career opportunities.
So if someone wants to begin a career in project management, PMP certification plays a vital role and can make up for the lack of experience. IT is a specialized certification that can take you to the next level in your company. Earning a PMP certification represents and validates your dedication to your company and job and makes your employers trust you. So start your preparations to gain this precious certification and find your niche in the project management field.