Anyone who smokes with a pipe will tell you the same thing: you’ve gotta keep it clean. Having a clean, pullable pipe is imperative to a proper session, so you want to ensure that it is clean and ready to pull through all that precious material.
Since we are talking about cleaning the best glass pipes Australia has on offer, we are going to stick with one particular cleaning method.
Follow this simple step-by-step routine for ensuring your glass pipe is always ready to roll:
Cleaning your glass pipe
As you will be cleaning a glass pipe, you have to be sure to hold it lightly so that you don’t break it. Glass pipes can be quite delicate and are susceptible to breaking, so be sure to hold it lightly and don’t put too much pressure on it.
Follow these simple tips for cleaning your glass pipe:
- The first step involves ridding the pipe of any leftover material that may be present. For this, all you have to do is hold the pipe upside down and lightly tap it to get the larger bits of material to fall out. You can also use a paper clip or other small object to get the remaining stuff out.
- Now you can properly clean your pipe. You can put your pipe in a Tupperware container or plastic bag before filling either container with rubbing alcohol or another liquid cleaner to submerge the pipe.
Note: If you are using any other cleaning agent that is not rubbing alcohol (Formula 420 for example), be sure to follow that product’s advice for cleaning. This also goes for home cleaning solutions like vinegar.
- You can then add salt to the Tupperware or plastic bag. Whilst the alcohol works as a disinfectant the salt works to rid the apparatus of all the gunk that may be stuck in it.
- You can then gently shake the Tupperware or plastic bag container. This is a technique that can be repeated as necessary. You can continue to shake the container as necessary as this will allow the solution to work its magic on the pipe.
- You should then leave the pipe to soak for several hours before the next cleaning step. If, however, your pipe is super dirty, you should consider leaving it overnight to soak before giving it a thorough clean.
Note: You can give the pipe intermittent cleans throughout the soaking process, further breaking up some of the stuck down material and making the final clean far easier to complete.
- Once you have soaked, scraped and shaked the pipe, you should then give the pipe a thorough rinse to remove all the remaining stuck down gunk. Hot water is the best choice for this, as it will work to break down the material on the pipe and keep the material in the container from sticking to the pipe.
- Finally, grab a q-tip or two and scrub away any remaining material that may be stuck in the pipe after vaping. Do this whilst running hot water over the pipe and you should be set to use it as if it were brand new!
See, cleaning a glass pipe is easy, it just comes down to a little patience and the knowledge that you may not be able to use it for a few hours. After all, it is just a little glass pipe, so there is no reason why cleaning it should be difficult!