The noble profession of teaching is recognised in all cultures around the world and what more important role can there be than educating the future generations? If you have chosen teaching as your profession, you will enjoy and long (and sometimes challenging) career and if you hadn’t considered teaching, here are a few reasons to reconsider this important position in society.
- Life-long Learner – The day you attend your very first lecture at the teacher training college is the day you become a life-long learner. Teachers must always update their knowledge in order to disseminate that into their students and the challenges are many. People say teaching is more of a vocation than a profession and we’d tend to agree, as the financial compensation is not exactly on a par with the private sector.
- Qualifications – Once you have the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education degree in your hand, you are all set to work in an early learning program under the supervision of experienced teachers. This degree will be with you for life and should you decide to do something else for a few years, to get some travel experience, you can always come back to teaching at any time. You can also visit government funded teachers aide course.
- Job Satisfaction – It won’t be that many years before you see your old students becoming productive and successful adults and that is a very emotional feeling to know that you played a part in their success. Teaching others brings with it a sense of achievement and usefulness and by being a good example, you will be shaping the next generations of our society and with young kids, you see the benefits of your work very quickly.
- Personal Development – Teaching offers the potential for as much personal development as you can handle and over the years, you will master using all the media technology and learn some great teaching techniques that develop you as a person. If you are very ambitious, you could set your sights on becoming a school principal, which could be achieved in 5 years, while some teachers go on to become a teacher of teachers, helping them to understand active learning strategies. Here are a few tips for essay writing, which will help you in your studies.
- Stability – Teachers receive a good pension and qualified and experienced teachers will always be in demand, no matter how teaching changes. It is a nice feeling to know that your job is secure and should you ever wish to experience another type of work, you can come back to teaching at any time, providing you have your degree, of course. The 3-4 year degree program is demanding and you will learn a lot about learning and how it best occurs in young children.
If you have lots of positive energy and would like to play a part in educating the next generations, an early learning teacher would be a great career choice. There is a lot of information on teaching as a career in Australia, which makes for interesting reading and when you are ready, enrol in a Bachelor of Early Education and take the first steps to becoming a qualified early learning teacher.