Video editing is a time-consuming process:
- Utilizing professional software.
- Chopping the original video into smaller chunks.
- Combining many files into a single film might take days.
As a result, finding a lightweight application that provides cutting functions is critical.
There are many free video editors available for reducing video files; the trick is determining which ones are good. The best 6 readily available video trimmers for PC or web are listed below.
What is video trimming software?
Video trimming software allows you to clip or trim a video into different sections without losing its quality. It handles huge video files with ease. It allows users to modify clips with a variety of effects, aspect ratio, contrast, brightness, and other settings and share them on social networking sites.
Top 6 video trimmers that you must try out
Even if you’ve never edited a video before, it’s a super-intuitive video editing tool that will let you create great movies in minutes.
This online video trimmer comes pre-loaded with everything you’ll need to make great corporate videos, including templates, stock footage, and an easy-to-use editor.
While many other video editors promise to offer highly configurable templates, It stands out because of the vast content available.
- It’s simple to use
- Over 5000 fully customizable video templates
- A free stock media library with over 8 million royalty-free photos and video clips is built-in.
- Suitable for both novice and experienced users.
- Automated voice-overs, HD definition, speed adjustment, video stabilization, and other features are included.
- Automated Text-to-speech software.
- Team sharing and unlimited team members.
- Color palettes, logos, and typefaces are accessible as brand presets.
- Priority assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cloud storage of up to 100 GB
- Rendering issues.
Bandicut is the greatest free video trimmer since it is simple to use. It lets users trim, divide, combine, and extract or delete mp3 audio tracks from videos.
Bandicut supports high-speed mode. You may quickly cut/merge videos without converting them and sacrificing quality. This high-speed mode’s editing pace is also rapid since there is no encoding.
You may easily post videos to YouTube or Vimeo using Bandicut. All you have to do now is edit your video and publish it directly to YouTube or Vimeo from the Bandicut window.
- Supports almost every video file format.
- Users may trim videos frame by frame with Bandicut.
- It allows you to change the playback speed.
- Uncompressed video quality.
- It also offers a user-friendly interface, making it appropriate for novices.
- No limitations found yet.
3. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a video editor that combines editing, color correction, visual effects, motion graphics, and audio post-production into one package. You can work more quickly and efficiently with DaVinci Resolve since you won’t have to learn several apps or swap software for various jobs. This means you’ll be able to work with high-resolution photos taken by the camera during the process.
- Color grading, compositing, and sound editing are all possible with this program.
- Most people can get by with the free edition of DaVinci Resolve.
- It’s compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It is not possible to export directly to social networking networks.
- The export option may not always function due to fusion editing.
- For beginners, the UI might be perplexing.
Clideo is a Soft-created online video trimmer that lets you join many videos simultaneously. It can also play practically every video format. Clideo allows you to modify your video in less than a minute. This program is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- It’s a simple and basic internet video editing application.
- The combined video can have borders added to it.
- You may join an endless number of movies together with our free video joiner.
- It only works with videos that are less than 500MB in size.
- Watermarks appear on saved videos under the free plan.
- A video may only be trimmed by seconds.
Lightworks runs on almost every operating system, including Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. This software is a cloud-based video editing package with extensive features and capabilities for creating social media videos, 4K film projects, Vimeo, and YouTube videos. Lightworks’ drag-and-drop method makes it simple to edit photos and videos.
- Lightworks is a fantastic tool for YouTube video creators who want to quickly make and post professional-looking videos.
- If you want to publish your film to YouTube or Vimeo, there is just one choice for storing the project as an MP4, and the maximum resolution is 720p.
- Those who utilize more common output formats, such as AVI, will find this application less appealing in its free edition.
6. Wondershare Filmora
Users may rotate, divide, trim, and add special effects like picture-in-picture, jump cut, mosaic blur, and more using the Wondershare Filmora video editor. This program allows you to join many films into a bigger one and to merge two videos into one.
- Filmora has many great video tutorials to help you get the most out of its features.
- The timeline editor is straightforward to use and includes features such as audio separation and green screen support.
- There are several presets and add-on filters to choose from.
- There is a watermark on the free trial version.
- Only premium plans get new effects every month.
- There is no option for a one-time payment.
- When editing numerous videos, Filmora may lag.
Trimming videos will become a simple and quick chore once you start utilizing the finest free video trimmers. As a result, it’s critical to base your judgments on the software’s functionality when selecting a free video trimmer/cutter. To mix films, music, and photos into a larger video or display videos and images side by side on the screen, you might wish to utilize a video editing application or an internet service. With the help of Free Video Trimmer, you may do much more with these activities.