What is a virtual tour? To begin with, it should be emphasized that it differs from a promotional video showing an object. The video is filmed by the operator and can create a virtual tour with the help of realtor virtual tour software. He only shows you what he sees fit. And going on a virtual tour, you get the opportunity to inspect the object from all angles and details that you yourself choose without leaving your home. Accordingly, videos and virtual 3D tours are produced in different ways. Now there are a number of real estate virtual tours software, select one virtual tour software provider who can help create virtual tours for your business. So, let’s begin to know more about 3d virtual tours!
Virtual tours and their applications in the work of a realtor
At first, there were just entertainment and educational programs that allowed everyone to visit places – museums, exhibitions, medieval castles, ruins and virtual reconstructions of ancient cities, and unique natural objects. The idea of independent movement of such a “tourist” in a three-dimensional virtual space was undoubtedly borrowed from computer games, where immersion in the virtual world is in the order of things.
With the development of digital technologies, they began to penetrate into areas that were initially far from culture and the entertainment industry. One of these areas is the sale of residential and commercial real estate. An exotic novelty that was rapidly gaining popularity was added to photographs and videos of real estate objects for sale – virtual tours, including a detailed inspection of houses and apartments, sometimes with all adjacent territories, communications and surrounding infrastructure. Today, you can create a virtual tour with the help of realtor virtual tour software in almost any major real estate agency. True, not for any object. In what cases are virtual 3D tours of the object offered to the buyer?
What is the scope of application of virtual tours in real estate limited?
To begin with, it should be noted that this service is convenient for both the buyer and the agent. The advantages of such a tour are as follows:
- Having come to the company’s website, a potential buyer has the opportunity not only to select suitable options for him by photo, price and descriptions, but also to virtually visit the object before meeting a realtor.
- The buyer is not limited in time and can repeatedly return to the object of interest, having calmly thought it over.
- The buyer, traveling through the object, has the opportunity to zoom in and carefully study any details that interest him, which he may overlook during a face-to-face visit.
- The buyer is limited in the number of options only by their presence on the site – he can walk through all of them, which is problematic in real life.
- For an agent, virtual tours are, first of all, a tremendous time saving, since they significantly reduce the number of real views. Everything that does not fit initially is already rejected by the client before a personal meeting with him.
- The use of virtual tours makes it psychologically easier for the realtor to work with the buyer, since after such a tour the latter can no longer make a claim to the agency that the real state of the object does not correspond to its description in the catalog – he saw everything with his own eyes.
With all the advantages of this service, the scope of its application is still limited to the segment of elite, suburban and commercial real estate. There are, of course, tours to business class objects, less often – economy class. However, so far they do not have such widespread use. The creation of such a tour is a rather expensive process, and it is simply not advisable to order tours of standard apartments or mass series of houses. In the case of expensive exclusive options and objects located abroad or far outside the city, the opposite is true. Here the virtual tour is more than justified and allows both parties to save time and money.