Grooming body hair is now a personal preference of many men and women. For most, removing unwanted body hair has become a daily routine. But since there are multiple ways to get rid of body hair, which method do you think is the best and most effective than the rest?
This article will point out if out of the two popular hair removal processes – waxing and laser hair removal – is worth spending your money on.
The quickest way to remove body hairs is shaving. That most women and men do so while showering or in emergencies. But, it is not a practical solution. The next day you may even see hair sprouts back on the shaven area. It is the least effective way to remove body hair.
Hence, compared to shaving, people are now debating over which is better – Waxing or Laser hair removal. There are many other hair removal solutions besides these two popular ones, such as depilatory creams, plucking, threading, trimming, etc. Regardless, we shall now have a rundown on the two most debatable solutions.
It is not that waxing and laser hair removal solutions are not effective methods. Both are highly effective in removing hair for a long time. The difference lies in the removal process and the effectiveness of the outcome.
Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is not a new process for removing body hair. It is a non-invasive medical procedure that uses a highly concentrated light beam directly to the skin targeting the hair follicles. Hair removal (香港脫毛) is considered the best way to get rid of body hair for a long time and even permanently after continuous procedures.
The area where the laser light is targeted destroys the hair from its roots. To get the best results out of the laser hair removal treatment, you must sit through the required sessions as instructed by the technician. That could be six to eight sessions with periodical gaps over a few months or even years. The outcome varies significantly from person to person based on skin and even hair type.
The waxing procedure to remove body hairs is pretty simple compared to laser hair removal. Unlike the latest laser technology, waxing hair removal solutions require only quality and effective wax with some small tools to complete the process. An applicator, a fabric strip, and wax are all you need.
Waxing can be of two types – hot and cold. Either way, when melted to the right consistency, the wax is applied to the skin using the applicator. The fabric strip is applied above the wax to make it an easy pull for the technician. Like laser hair removal, waxing applies to most body parts.
When stripped, the wax rips out the hair follicles, giving you clean skin with no hair on the surface. When pulling the wax strip, it is essential to pull it from the opposite direction of the hair growth. The effectiveness of waxing typically lasts for about six weeks at max. You will have to get then taxed again in that area.
Pros of laser hair removal and waxing
Laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal claims to provide permanent hair removal with as best results after a few sessions.
- It is a quick and relatively painless procedure.
- It does not cause any long-term side effects to the treated body area. Even if you see any minor side effects, they are temporary.
- It applies to any body part, facial hair removal, or bikini area.
- The overall laser hair removal cost is lower in the long term.
- Waxing provides hair-free skin for about four weeks at max. It is pretty long-term compared to shaving and plucking.
- It works well on any skin type and hair.
- A single waxing session is not expensive at all. It is technically lower than one seating of laser hair removal treatment.
- You can wax at home by yourself. It does not necessarily need a skilled technician. You need to know the correct procedure.
Cons of laser hair removal and waxing
Laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal tends to be more effective on lighter skin with dark hair. If you are dark-skinned, you might notice side effects.
- A single laser hair removal session is quite costly.
- Waxing is a painful hair removal process.
- Since it does not remove the hair follicles from its root, there are chances of developing ingrown hair.
- It can cause side effects like rashes and redness on the skin if the wax is not suitable for you.
- It does not give permanent hair removal.
While individual preferences are one thing, the laser is the best option over waxing if you wish to get permanent hair removal from your skin. It is essential to consider many factors before you go through with any hair removal solutions.
Also Visit: How to Apply for A Car Loan Online with Bad Credit?